Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Pleated Skirt Awareness Movement

Yes, I’m wearing a pleated skirt.  Again.




But, I really do have a good reason for wearing so many pleated skirts.  You see, I am a dedicated member of PSAM (the Pleated Skirt Awareness Movement).  It’s a small, grassroots organization aimed at increasing people’s awareness of the wonders of pleated skirts.  My role in PSAM is to wear my collection of pleated skirts as often as possible on my blog until my readers cave and thrift pleated skirts of their own.

This time around, I’ve paired my vintage, cream, pleated midi-skirt (thrifted) with a vintage leaf-print blouse (via Fat Fancy).  I think the pleats on the skirt, and the slightly puffy sleeves and leaf print of the blouse, add enough interest to the outfit that I kept the rest of it simple; just a faux-patent belt (Nine West via Ross) and black ankle tie espadrilles (Very Volatile via Nordstrom).

Want more information on how and why to thrift a pleated skirt of your very own?  See my guest post on The House in the Clouds, if you haven’t yet.  I promise, it’s super informative (mostly).

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey

11 comments:

  1. Gracey, you can rock that pleated skirt like no other! I love the post you did for me, I'm sold and totally want to try wearing one. I have a feeling I'll want to twirl around a bunch all day! Lol!!
    xo, f
    The House in the Clouds

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the white pleat... keep on wearing em! :)

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfit Gracey! Love, love, love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I saw your guest post and I already have several pleated skirts of my own, although I'm not as faithful about wearing them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to find myself a cute pleated skirt! I love this look - it's so timeless and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the skirt dollbaby! Great blog! I'm definately following!

    http://www.thedumpyduchess.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love that skirt!! I have been searching for an ivory pleated skirt...I seriously need your thrifting skills!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It and you are beautiful! I may have to pull out my little collection! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so cool! I like how the thin pleats of the skirt keep the volume down, so you can have a bit more volume on top. It's a good balance. I've never tried knife-pleated skirts before, but I might just have to give it a try after reading this and your post over at The House in the Clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfit! I especially love your top!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gracey you look INCREDIBLE in that pleated skirt girl!! I LOVES IT DARLING!! The top is perfect with it and so are those cute shoes! You look AMAZING...really! Kiah

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).