Thursday, June 16, 2011

More Coral, With a Side of Teal

I am having a rough day today.  I couldn’t even muster up a smile for some of my photos:

Boo on today.  For reals.

I have no idea why I’m wearing so much coral/orange this week.  I mean I did tell you all that I loved it (numerous times, I think), but this week I apparently really love it:

A semi-smile.  It's all I've got.

Today it’s a coral cardigan with white beading (Target) paired with a tiered blouse (Nordstrom), dark Real Straight Jeans (Gap) and my still-squeaky teal flats (Target).  I chose these flats to wear with this sweater because they’re of similar saturated hues.  Yesterday with my turquoise and lime scarf I wore earrings in a less intense shade orange.  Today the intensity of the coral of the cardigan invites a more intense shade of turquoise in the shoe, so these teal ones are a good fit.

Otherwise I’m basically recycling the color scheme from yesterday sans the lime with addition of white ruffles.  The ruffles are to distract those readers who are beginning to feel cheated by the lack of creativity going on over here.  If it helps any, I’m being punished by the squeakiness of these shoes and general dissatisfaction with work.  It’s just so busy.  Busy and squeaky; that’s my Thursday.

However, I hope your Thursday was awesome and less squeaky (unless that’s your thing).

Gracey

19 comments:

  1. the tiered blouse is so pretty. It is unusual to see you not smiling. {Hugs} May tomorrow be a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gracey,


    this outfit is AMAZING. i love the layered white shirt with the coral... and coral NEVER gets old. i am so sorry to hear you had a rough day, that makes me sad because you are always one of the most genuinely happy bloggers out there! feel better ;)


    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you're having a bad day. It happens to everyone, but that doesn't make it any less sucky. At least you look cute--that has to count for something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite color combination! Which you will discover if you truly intend to attend my housewarming shindig...

    I don't think its boring at all, but then I AM easily distracted...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blouse and cardi together are very fresh and pretty! Summery and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopefully tomorrow is a better and less squeaky day. You look fabulous, if that's any consolation ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coral is a great color for you. I love your ruffled top. It's adorable and very flattering on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, ugh, sorry about the rough day! You look really good, though, and i've always found that orange helps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww I hope your Friday goes better! You look super cute in your ruffles and coral :)

    Wanderlusting Fool

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you are having a bad day, but you look fabulous! I love the tiered blouse with the cardi and those shoes are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your Friday is infinitely better than your Thursday. And that it isn't squeaky. :)

    On the upside, I love the white detailing on the cardigan with the white layered blouse. So lovely! Little details like that make my day. I wish more people on the street utilised them. I'm sure it would cheer everyone's day up considerably too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry yesterday was rough :( I hope today is better! On the plus side, it's almost the weekend!

    And I don't think this outfit is lacking creativity at all! The combination of coral and turquoise is so unexpected, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear it was a tough day. :( On the bright side you look marvelous! I think this outfit might be one of my favorites. The color combination, the blouse, the details on the sweater - soooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  14. sorry you had a not so smiley day :( hope today is better! but you look great in those bright colors. i love coral and i love turquoise and together they're even more fab!!!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, poor Gracey, I'm sorry you had a rough day.

    I don't blame you for wanting to wear coral & orange; they look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. For having a bad day, you look amazing and sweet!
    And I LOVE the ruffled top!
    My work days these week were also busy busy busy, but at least the shoes were silent on me. :)
    So...cheer up weekend's around the corner (or already here - I get so confused with the time difference)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. the orange and teal combination is fantastic! i should give this one a whirl!

    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love this, the color scheme is great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. great outfit!
    I love coral!!! :)
    kisses

    http://annacoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).