Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Militant Lace

As I’m sure you all know, today is Everybody, Everywear’s Lace Challenge.  And I’m sure you all heard that the US Army has decided to do away with the black beret (What?  You haven’t heard?  I’m shocked; this is big news, folks.).  What may come as a surprise is that the Army is currently taking suggestions on how else to better their uniforms.  Personally, I would have kept the beret.  So chic.  But, I figure if they can’t have berets, they can have lace!  This is my suggested overhaul of those boring, drab uniforms:



I did, in fact, keep the olive drab because, frankly, it’s one of my favorite neutrals.  But, I like to think I spiced the uniform up in other ways.  I paired my olive skinnies (Gap) with a lace tee (The Limited) layered over a grey tee (Target) which gives it a sort of camouflage effect (try squinting with one eye).  I am obviously demonstrating the dress uniform, so I wore some mushroom-colored wedges (Bamboo via TJ Maxx) which can be replaced with some cute boots when one is not on the parade grounds.  I added some bangles (thrifted and Nordstrom) to show how well this look would go with a bandolier of bright brass bullets and my crystal and brass pendant necklace (Special) in lieu of dog tags.

Oh, and I can finally move my arms (hooray), so I finally washed my hair.  I am going back to the weight lifting class tomorrow, but I’ll be sure not to overdo it this time!

Happy Tuesday, All!

Gracey

P.S.  None of this is true.  Well, some of it.  Today is the EBEW Lace Challenge and they are replacing sexy Army berets with boring Army caps, but really, the rest of it’s completely untrue.

22 comments:

  1. OK, this is awesome. I just put my own EBEW lace photo up, and went cruising for yours, and I love how you've got it all layered up, and it's just swell. I am a big fan of olive green, too, and you know why? It looks GREAT with orange, among other things, that's why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an actual Army brat...I have no words. Other than any uniform is better than the actual one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think some nice elegant lace is just what the men in uniform need :)
    And I'll take crystals and wedges over dog tags and combat boots any day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this looks great with the olive pants. If I had a lace top, I'd totally try this. And I think it would look wonderful on our servicemen!
    Thanks for joining us at EBEW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE those shoes. Army green is a vastly underrated neutral in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a white or ivory lace tee over the olive pants!! So cute on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! I'm a huge fan of army green as well, huge fan of M*A*S*H, and a total pacifist. And I am utterly frustrated with myself, because I forgot about Everybody, Everywhere AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The army should be calling you for some fashion advice because this combination is awesome. What an awesome way to do lace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm singing a little Gang of Four for ya...I love a (wo)man in uniform!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favorites of your outfits to date . . . just goes to show that neutrals definitely don't have to be boring! Fair warning: I intend to copy this outfit shamelessly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I passed up a top similar to this because I couldn't figure out how to work it into my wardrobe. I'm kicking myself over it, though, 'cause I can picture a million uses now. I like how you made it casual but it is still lace, so, y'know, lace works itself. Not sure about military men in lace, but you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You crack me up... we are almost twins in our green pants and caged sandals today. But I didn't wear lace. For some reason I am out of sync with EBEW. I love that group!! Anyway - I love the beret as well. I have pic of my nephew in it - he is still in the Army but is now stateside. You look fantabulous today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those shoes are amazing! I absolutely love them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great outfit, I love the white lace with the olive green pants :)

    And those shoes look sexy!

    Talitha xx

    Am a new follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Army uniforms really do need to be a little more polished and modern. Lace would do the trick! I like your take on lace today, and your hair looks so pretty! Glad to hear you can wash it again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the lacy tee with the olive pants. and those wedges are great. all that's missing is a beret. a black one :)

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the lace tee and how you styled it! So chic...I am happy you can move your arm again :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The lace top and the skinnies fit you perfectly!
    Also those shoes are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look like such a skinny minnie in these pictures. I love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, no I missed the EBEW AGAIN!!! :(
    But you, young lady you look so great in lace...and I would definitely style this top the same way, very chic!
    About the berets, why don't they keep them? It's a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great outfit. Love the military inspired pants - they look like such a great fit. And it goes so well with the lace!

    PS I can't believe I forgot EBEW .... AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).