Saturday, May 26, 2012


The lovely Jean, of Dross into Gold, has given me a Blogger Appreciation Award:

For which I am, well, very appreciative.  Honestly, it's always such a pleasant surprise when I get one of these.

In order to accept the award, I must:
1.  Thank the person who nominated me by linking his/her blog:  Thank you, Jean
2.  Answer the four questions below.
3.  Award the Blogger Appreciation Award to fellow bloggers.
4.  Let those bloggers know that you have nominated them.

  1. How long have you been blogging?
Almost a year and a half now.  I started in January 2011 after about six months of hemming and hawing.
  1. Why did you start blogging?
For a couple reasons, actually.  One, because it’s hard for me to visualize how a trend would look on my shape when I see it on a dissimilar shape.  It’s like shoes.  They look so cute in a size 5 ½, but bring them out in my size 10 and Borrowers run out from under the Nordstrom couches to try and appropriate them as boats.  I figured if I had these problems, other giants tall women might feel the same. 

Two, because I’ve always sort of thought I’d like to be a writer.  But, I know it’s like anything else in that you have to practice.  I wasn’t doing a very good job of keeping a journal and thought blogging would be a good way to practice writing, see if I actually liked it and see what my “voice” sounded like.
  1. What type of blogs do you like to follow/read?
Mostly, but not exclusively, personal style blogs.  I don’t really read “fashion” blogs because while I try to stay aware of the trends, I don’t consider myself a particularly trendy person and I don’t try to be.
  1. What is the one thing you’d like to improve on as a blogger?
My writing.  I think I probably write too much.  But, I talk too much too, so I think that may just be me.  Still, I’d like to be more succinct at times.  Just at times though; basically nattering on about nothing is sort of my thing.

My Nominees:

Jessica at A Day In The Life of One Girl

I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!



  1. Along with seeing how good clothes can look on girls our size, your writing is a big part of the blog's appeal. You have a "voice" that comes through loud and clear. I love hearing it.

  2. (And the crowd goes wild for Gracey!!!!)
    Congratulations! ;)
    And I agree with Shybiker!

  3. Congrats Gracey! :) Thank you so much for nominating me and my blog :) I loved reading your answers to the questions!


  4. I'm just getting back on the blogger-grid! You are very welcome and I look forward to checking out your recommendations!!

  5. Loved reading this...and love that you clarify between fashion and style blogs too...when people ask me what I do, I always have to explain since I don't tend to be very "fashionable" :D

    <3 Cambria

    Enter my GIVEAWAY!!!

  6. You are the sweetest graces. Thank you so much. Dawn suitcase vignettes. Congrats yourself! Xo

  7. I don't think you need to worry about talking too much, Gracey. I mean, it's obvious that I'm a big fan of nattering on, myself, but still--you're charming and funny, and I don't think anybody could accuse you of being unnecessarily long-winded. Keep on keepin' on!


Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).