Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy May Day


First, the good news.  My friend Kendra, is having a May Day Sale at her Etsy shop, House of Heirlooms.  You can get 20% off by entering the code MAYDAY when you check out.  And you don’t even have to have a Paypal account; Kendra has direct checkout so you can use your credit or debit card.  She also has adorably awesome vintage stuff, so go check it out.

Now for the less good news; it’s May 1st and I’m wearing tights.  I resisted returning to tights as long as I could, but it’s only been in the low-50s lately and that’s still a bit cold for bike riding.  However, it’s not too terrible because they’re hot pink tights:



I paired my Macys-clearance hot pink tights (Hue) with one of my several vintage day dresses (thrifted) that got taken up during the Great Hemming Spree of 2012.  I added wedge booties (Nine West “Peekaboo” via Piperlime), hot pink drop earrings.  And my vintage bracelet (Ray’s Ragtime):


I have to say, I love the cut of this dress, but I also love how very 80s the white triangles on the black background are.  Also?  Pockets:


Speaking of my love for the 80s, 80s prom is in 10 days!  I am so excited!!  I promise to share pictures of my velvet, off-the-shoulder dress, but, the lovely Thrifted Shift gave me a fabulous idea for you guys to share some prom photos too.  If you all (or just a few of you) are interested, I’d like to do a post that includes your prom pictures as well as mine.  I’ll either figure out how to do a linky-thingy or, and this is more likely, I’ll have you all send me photos and I’ll post them here. 

In summation: Visit House of Heirlooms.  Let me know if you want to share prom photos with me.  Have a happy Tuesday.

Gracey

23 comments:

  1. I adore that dress, Gracey. It fits you so beautifully! And the sleeves are amazing too. And the tights. Well really just the whole outfit is amazing. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that they're pink makes up for having to wear them at least a little! Now, are you talking about sharing photos from our own 80s prom? Or photos from actual-factual high-school prom? (Forgive my confusion--I am easily muddled.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiny triangles! Also dresses with pockets are the very best invention of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i adore the pink tights!!

    xo,
    steffy
    http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress! The triangle shapes are so cute... and unique! Love your bracelet too :)

    xoxo,
    Rachel
    www.rachelslookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy may day! I love this outfit, the dresse, the tights, the shoes and the bracelet are all gorgeous. I love how you styled them together, and of course I love a dress with pockets. Lovely outfit!

    xo,
    camelia
    whateverismarveloustoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this dress, and even though you don't want to be wearing tights, they do look lovely and they do add a fun pop of color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aah awesome tights! Love the bracelet too, I'm always looking for more statement bracelets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so loving that dress and the tights. you look precious. that bracelet is the bomb too. Basically just a jealous julie right now!
    And today is awful in L.A. too. It isn't time for June Gloom yet!!!
    www.stylinggame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey there!! i LOVE those tights and i am a sucker for a dress with pockets...you look too cute!!

    ~nic
    www.nics-picks.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this dress. The shape is fabulous on you and the pink tights are so perfect. I hate my legs in bright tights but you always pull it off. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great outfit on you- I'm all about the coloured tights (although am also wishing it was warmer out!) and that dress is adorable! Can't wait to see the 80 prom pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like our original prom pictures? You'll get a real laugh out of my homemade frocks. Love the look of the pink tights with this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha! Can't wait to see your 80s prom dress! Also now I'm confused, too. Would you rather have us remix/rewear/alter our prom dresses and wear them today for real and send you photos or do you want photos from our actual prom nights? Are both of those right answers?
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those hot pink tights are so much fun. Bonus points for scoring them on clearance, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. First of all, that dress is adorable. I love the print.

    But those tights? AMAZEBALLS. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This outfit is perfect on you.. I love you hair up like that also, it looks beautiful. AND those pink tights are the best with this outfit!!! 10 out of 10 girl!! LOL xoxo J

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh I'm adoring this dress, lady! And hot pink tights look fan-freaking-tastic with black and white. I think I need some, myself.

    Also all of your vintage dresses have inspired me... today I'm wearing (though it won't be posted for weeks probably) an 80s dress I picked up at a clothing swap months ago. Feeling pretty sassy in it! Though it probably needs a bit of a hem.

    Anyway... GORGEOUS. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hot pink and black and a great print! This is a really fantastic outfit, Gracey. Sorry for the nasty weather, but you did get a wonderful look out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super super cute!! Hot pink and black are a favorite color combination of mine!

    http://notyourgrandfathersbeautypageant.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. ah - this is super cute. 80s triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  22. At least it's an amazing way to wear tights again!
    Love the dress on you - dresses with pockets are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This dress are reasons why I continue to shop vintage. It is a perfect fit, cut and 3/4 sleeves are my favorite! It looks so comfortable and looks great with the pink tights. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).