Thursday, May 31, 2012

Last Seen: May 2, 2011


That’s right; these pants haven’t been seen, on this blog or otherwise, in over a year:



Honestly, I think it’s because they’re pants.  I don’t really wear pants.  I wear jeans and I wear leggings, but I’m in skirts and dresses the majority of the time.  And if I do wear pants, they’re usually cropped pants.  Actual-pants pants are just not my thing.

However, in the spirit of my exploration of the Land of Nosh Opping, I gave them a whirl today.  I paired the pants (Banana Republic Outlet) with a cream lace blouse (The Limited) layered over a black tank (Target).  I added a black patent belt (Nine West via Ross), yellow patent peep-toes (Me Too via Nordstrom) and yellow hoop earrings (Nordstrom).

And, it’s… okay.  These pants are perfectly serviceable.  And that’s not a bad thing to be; it just doesn’t really fit into my aesthetic.  I may not have a catch phrase for my style, but I can guarantee you that “Perfectly Serviceable” isn’t it.

So, why did I, a non-pants wearer, buy these pants?  Because I figured I might need them someday.  For example, what if I get a job where they don’t allow skirts or dresses due to the floor being made entirely of vents blowing hot air?  I’d need pants then, right?  Or, what if the next EBEW challenge is just “Pants” (as opposed to “Pants: The Musical,” which would be AWESOME).  Or someone may invent International Pants Day, and of course I’d want to be a part of that, so I’d need pants.

Looking over these reasons, none of them are very good, or probable, so I’m afraid these pants are going on the chopping block.  Let’s just hope International Pants Day never happens though, or I shall be very put out.

Happy Thursday, All!

Gracey

P.S. There is still time to enter my eShakti giveaway here.  It closes at midnight tonight!

20 comments:

  1. I really like these pants on you though dude. Get rid of them if you must, but I just love the little yellow peep toes peeping out.

    I'm now spending the rest of my afternoon writing PANTS! The Musical, to differentiate from Pants: The Musical and set myself ahead of the curve. You know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving you nosh opping updates. It is so hard to keep a clean, well-culled closet if you like opping. I have the same shirt in grey by the way and it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same. I never wear the pants I have either. I think you inspired me.

    xo,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way. I have a couple of pairs of very-rarely-worn pants that I probably need to get rid of. I'm just a skirts and dresses kind of gal:) I do love that lace top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a bit of an enigma for me since I wear pants almost exclusively. I've only worn a skirt 4 times in the past year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't wear pants much either - I think I have three pairs of non-denim/ non-cropped pants, and two of them are corduroy. And all of them are high-waisted :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The land of Nosh Opping made me giggle a lot. I'm not a big fan of pants either. Thanks for the comment on my blog. It lead me to yours and I love discovering new blogs:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I rarely wear pants too!! Not sure why but skirts and dresses always seem more comfortable (especially when they have nice stretchy waistbands!) You look great and I love the t shirt a lot. Plus, I LOVE your new project!!!! I might have to join you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just recently I got rid of several pairs of chinos that I never wore much, if at all. Why did I buy them? Because they're "basics"! They would be "useful"! Not MY basics though....I haven't missed them, and now I have more room for jeans and leggings, so I'd call it a win.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had the same rationale about scoring a pair of BR khakis on clearance. Despite the fact that I hate khakis. But I thought, "Everyone has a pair; maybe they're a career dressing essential." Wore 'em once. Still hated 'em. Be true to your style aesthetic, and you will own no ugly pants. I think the Dalai Lama said that...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pants are a rarity for me too. I used to straight up LIVE in pants and I never wore skirts or dresses but I guess when I got a "grown up job" I grew into skirts! Some days there's nothing like a pair of pants, but most of the time I'd rather wear a skirt. They're more flattering for my body type anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SAVE THE PANTS! SAVE THE PANTS!
    They look great on you. Plus, since I'm watching "So You Think You Can Dance" on tv right now, what if they come out with a "So You Think You Can Pants"!!???
    And THAT'S a possibility. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pants? Um... I think I clicked on the wrong blog. I'm looking for Gracey...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol your blog is always amusing, I love stopping by for a chuckle. Those pants are really flattering on you and I do believe I've heard of International Pants day before... somewhere.

    xx http://camomeetscouture.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm the same way, which is why I have a bunch of pants gathering dust in my closet. LOVE the top (I'm all for delicate-looking material!)

    The Tall Blonde Artist

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE that top! Lace is so sexy and luxe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. These pants are fantastic. They fit you so well!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bah-Bye pants. Perfectly serviceable is no longer needed. You make me LOL! I'm going to go purge some pants in honor of you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope your stay in Nosh Opping is going well. I'm visiting there as well until I say goodbye to some items. I like your top and your shoes! If you're not planning on switching jobs soon, I'd support your saying goodbye to the pants. Ideally, you'd love everything in your closet, right?
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this outfit! I just purchased a top that is very similar... hope to wear and show it off soon. Being tall is a good thing. I am 5'8" and have a sis that is taller.

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).