Thursday, May 24, 2012

Floral and Tights


I’m aware that this isn’t the most spring-like outfit in the world:



But, I had to wear tights; it was very cold and very rainy on my ride in today which means that I had to wear something that kept me warm and dried quickly.  As I mentioned before, that’s usually tights.  Today the tights (Spanx) are layered under a sleeveless floral dress (thrifted and hemmed) and a cardigan (Old Navy).  I added a skinny belt (Steve Madden via Ross), booties (BC Footwear via Piperlime) and pink drop earrings (gifted; thanks, Nan!). 

And yes, I was mostly warm enough and I dried quickly.

Hopefully the weather will be better for Memorial Day Weekend, but if not, it’s still a four-day weekend for me and that’s fabulous news, rain or shine.

Happy Thursday, Everyone!

Gracey

17 comments:

  1. Oh, I know what you mean by rainy and cold late spring... I hope your days off will be sunny though! :)

    Love your dress and the belted cardi - I still haven't given that a try before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress has flowers, that TOTALLY makes it springy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look great in tights. They work for some gals and you're one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At long last, I have my bike up and running so I'll be able to sample your biking challenges myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I think you and I must be sharing a brain cell because I wore black tights, booties, and a patterned dress with a cardigan yesterday. Or we're sharing the same cold weather. Or both.
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of a cardigan belted over a dress - why don't I do it more? Have a good weekend - I'm sure you'll manage to have fun no matter the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's cute, you have some awesome legs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This rain is something isn't it?! But you look really cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Floral is always spring-y, especially in pretty muted colors. You just look like you're in spring in England (and isn't the PNW pretty much the same thing?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is perfectly "springy" enough! I am super jealous of your lonnnnger weekend. Hope you have fun!

    Hannah Tattoos and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agreed with Erin--floral is hella springy! Plus, you look good no matter what, and I'm certainly not a hard-line this-is-for-this-season type of person, so I'm gonna say you're a-okay. And, you know, my opinion is totally the most important.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't been allowing myself to comment when homework should be getting done, but this has stayed in my bloglovin because I loved the thumbnail. Big picture is better.

    Also, when is this city of ours gonna realize it is supposed to be warm and sunny? Though I guess I shouldn't complain because my red hair is going to last longer without direct sunlight. Silver lining?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the floral dress on you, and I think it's very springy :)

    ReplyDelete

Hooray! Comments! I love comments!! (And cake, but if you just leave a comment, I'll manage the cake on my own).